Empress Tavern COVID-19 OPERATING PROCEDURES
As we reopen Empress Tavern, we are adapting to the new regulations being put in front of us due to COVID-19.
Please know that we are doing everything we can to make this as seamless as possible for you and your family to have an enjoyable and safe dining experience.
We are now offering limited seating in our dining room. Reservations are highly encouraged as we are cutting our occupancy by more than half in order to comply with social distancing. There may be wait times so please be respectful of the staff as they work to serve as many guests as possible.
Here are some policies we ask you to look over before deciding to dine with us:
1. If you yourself or anyone in your group has shown any symptoms of fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, muscle pain, etc. we ask you to please reconsider dining-in.
2. We kindly request that you wear your mask upon entry, you may remove your mask at your table but please put it back on when you are moving about the restaurant.
3. We ask that guests sanitize their hands as they enter the main dining room. We will have a hand sanitizer station made readily available for you, or you may use the restrooms.
4. No more than 6 persons per party at a table.
5. Be aware of social distancing when waiting for your table, when going to use the restrooms or on your way out of the building.
6. Respect a healthy distance between our staff and your party.
7. When guests require materials for transporting leftovers, with safety of all individuals in mind, staff will provide boxes for you at your table so you may personally box them.
Lunch is served Tuesday through Friday from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm. At this time lunch is only available for take-out. We will have our doors locked during the day so we ask that you order online through our website (EmpressTavern.com >> Order Online) or by giving us a call at (916) 662-7694.
Dinner is served in-house Tuesday through Thursday, 5 pm to 9 pm as well as Friday and Saturday, 5 pm to 10 pm. You can also order from this same menu for take-out. The menus will be available on our website in our Menus section, menus will be kept up to date as much as possible.
PLACING ONLINE ORDERS:
All online orders run exclusively through an app called ChowNow. We recommend going through our website (EmpressTavern.com >> Order Online) to place your order, at which point you will be directed to ChowNow. We ask that you do not attempt to place an order through a social media platform such as Facebook or Instagram, it will not be checked during service and your order will be missed. If you are unable to make an online order you may call us and we will do our best to accommodate the order.
Now that our dining room is open again, we are no longer offering delivery. If you are uncomfortable coming inside the restaurant to pick up your order, we are happy to bring it out to your car – however the arrangement must be made in advance.
For the time being we are eliminating cash payments for safety reasons. All payments should be by use of a credit card.
WHAT WE’RE DOING TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE:
Employees are instructed not to come in to work if they feel ill
Health screenings are conducted with each employee prior to their shift
All staff must wear face coverings at all times
Hand washing and sanitization which is already of the utmost importance is increased
We provide a one-time use menu for guests at their table
All tables are six feet, if not more, distance from other tables and high traffic areas
All surfaces are sanitized and disinfected after each guest